Sunday 20 September 2009

COC1 - NC4 PROGRAMMING - LIBRARY SYSTEM

A lot of Programming NC4 holders say this is easy. I've been doing some coding practice on my own and it's definitely not that hard. As long as you know how to use ADODC controls and how to create ADODB objects thru code, your good to go, provided that you know how to handle Recordsets and their contents.

There are a lot of tutorials all over the net for this kind of operation using vb6. I found this site within seconds using Google: ADODC Tutorial.

For manipulating Recordsets, I found this one: Manipulating Recordsets. This is actually a complete tutorial on creating ADO objects via code and manipulating its recordset.

I'm told that if you know the above operations, then you're likely to pass the exam. If not, you'll fail. Practice, practice, practice. That's all there is to it. Oh and before I forget, you need to be able to create a database using Access too. It's not required for the Programming NC4 exam, it's just that you're going to need it for your practice sessions. You must be able to create a test database to work on. Here's a turorial about this: Creating Databases Using Access.

On my next post, I'll give you the table structure of my test database. It's not the same as what TESDA will provide for the exam but I'm pretty sure it's close enough, so stay tuned. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. anu ginamit mo d2 ..

    ADODC o ADODB ???

    kasi prng mas madali gumawa ng maintenance kung ADODC ga2mitin ee

    ReplyDelete