Tuesday 22 September 2009

LIBRARY SYSTEM - SAMPLE DATABASE Part 2

The RESERVATIONS Table
There are 3 fields in this table, the last one is optional though. The first is book_id(Integer) which identifies the book being reserved. Next is the mem_id(Integer) that identifies who is reserving the book. The last field I called is_granted(Integer) , it acts as a switch. I give it a value of one (1) if the reservation has been granted - ie. an Admin has lent the book to the member who reserved it - and zero (0) if not.

The TRANSACTIONS Table
This table is used to keep track of books that were borrowed. There are 5 fields in all. They are book_id(Integer), mem_id(Integer), date_borrowed(Short Date), overdue_date(Short Date), and date_returned(Short Date).

So, there's the libsys database that I'm using for practice. Next up will be the operations that your Library System should be able to perform. I'll post it after I finish my breakfast consisting of a cup of coffee and 1 or 2 marlboros :p

2 comments:

  1. sir ...

    ilang database ung ginawa mo dun sa library system ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ilang table cguro ang dapat mong itanong bro?

    ReplyDelete